- We have been chosen to participate in the celebration of the Bridegroom (v.1).
- What does purity have to do with being in the presence of God?
- How should we live differently when we consider the kingdom?
- We need to bring ‘extra oil’ for our lamps (v.2-6).
- Why is it so important to have a reserve of ‘oil’ for our lamps?
- When have you seen believers displaying a reserve of strength?
- What do we need to be doing so that we have that reserve of strength?
- We must remember that the light is for the Bridegroom, not for us (v.7-9).
- Why is it more important to bless the Bridegroom than to cover for others?
- In what situations do we need to refuse to give away our strength?
- There will come a time when the door is shut (v.10-12).
- Why do we need to be aware of the feeling of being outside the door?
- When does Jesus refuse to ‘know’ people?
- We have been given the responsibility of being a continuing light (v.13).
- What does ‘not knowing the day or the hour’ have to do with a reserve of strength?
- How well are we keeping watch over our spiritual strength?
Call to Action: To grow in strength so that we can be a lasting light for Christ.