- Jesus told stories on subjects that were familiar to His hearers (v.4-8).
- Why is it important to illustrate with stories that the people can relate to?
- What is the blessing of an understandable message (Ephesians 3:3-4)?
- Jesus shared the meaning of His stories with those who asked (v.9-10).
- Why is it important that the twelve and others (Mark 4:10) asked Jesus?
- As we are reading God’s word this year, how can we ask for explanation?
- What two questions will help us make application of our reading?
- The seed on the first two soils did not live (v.11-13).
- What can keep the word of God from taking root in our lives?
- What happens to us when we have only a shallow faith?
- The seed on the third soil was unfruitful (v.14).
- Even though the plants in the thorny ground lived, what good were they?
- How can we keep worldly cares and the deceit of riches from choking out the word?
- The seed on the fourth soil was received into good and honest hearts (v.15).
- What responsibility does the sower have to plant in good and honest hearts?
- How can we better participate in this multiplying ministry?
Call to Action: To diligently plant the word of God in good and honest hearts.