I KINGS 14:22-31
- God had made a promise to bless the godly descendants of David (I Kings 2:4).
- What would have happened if David’s descendants had chosen to follow God?
- What happens to us when we decide to follow God?
- Solomon had been so blessed that he made 500 gold shields (I Kings 10:16-17).
- Who has 500 shields made of $40 million worth of gold?
- What are you doing with the blessings God has given you?
- Rehoboam had chosen to live an ungodly life (I Kings 14:22-24).
- What kind of idolatry are you practicing? (Colossians 3:5)
- What happens to the plans God has for you when you choose to sin?
- His ungodly choices and actions cost him dearly (I Kings 14:25-26).
- What happens to a people or a nation that chooses to sin? (Proverbs 14:34)
- What is the greatest need of this nation? (John 17:9)
- What can we do to help the situation?
- So Rehoboam pretended to have wealth when he didn’t (v.27-28).
- What is wrong with pretending to be someone you aren’t? (Proverbs 13:7)
- What fake blessings are we making the effort of guarding?
- What are the valuable things that we should be guarding instead?
Call to Action: To honor and protect priceless, eternal treasures.