- I am always thankful for you (v.3).
- How did it make the Philippians feel when this letter was read to them?
- How many reasons do we have to be thankful for our brothers and sisters in Christ?
- How can we do a better job of letting them know how they have blessed us?
- In my prayers for you, I pray with joy (v.4).
- Why should we pray with joy for our new Christians?
- Why should we pray with joy for our more established Christians?
- How does it help both us and them when we choose to pray for them with joy?
- I continue to be thankful for your partnership in the gospel (v.5).
- How had the church in Philippi been partnering with Paul (4:15-16)?
- How have you been partnering in the gospel with me for these last almost 13 years?
- How have you been partnering in Zambia, Uganda, Michigan and elsewhere?
- I have confidence in you because of my confidence of God in you (v.6).
- What behaviors had motivated Paul to have confidence in the Philippians?
- What behaviors have motivated me to have confidence in you?
- Why is it so important to understand that God is the ultimate source of our confidence?
Call to Action: To appreciate and communicate our confidence in God’s work in our brethren.