I TIMOTHY 6:11-16
- To pursue righteousness, we need to flee from materialism (v.11, 9-10).
- If we are to be righteous, why is it so important to flee from the love of money?
- What will motivate you to do a better job of fleeing from materialism?
- Pursuing righteousness includes godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness (v.11).
- Why do hopeful Christians pursue righteousness?
- Why is righteousness incomplete without each of the aspects in this verse?
- On which of these aspects of righteousness do you personally need to work hardest?
- Pursuing righteousness involves a fight (v.12).
- Why is it important that we see the fight involved in pursuing righteousness?
- How does taking hold of eternal life help you in the fight for righteousness?
- We pursue righteousness because of God – and in the sight of God (v.13-14).
- What command is he charging us to keep until Jesus appears?
- How does it help to know that our awesome eternal God is watching us?
- We pursue righteousness to honor the One who dwells in unapproachable light (v.13-16).
- What is it in your life that has dishonored our amazing God and how serious are you about getting rid of it?
- How can your pursuit of righteousness honor the One who dwells in pure light?
Lesson Aim: To seriously, persistently and diligently pursue righteousness.