Introduction: This Tuesday marks the 500th anniversary of the Reformation movement, but what other significant events and individuals allow us to have freedom in Christ today?
- Worldliness progresses along a specific path (v.17-18).
- How does hardness of heart lead to ignorance then to worldliness?
- What can we do to prevent our hearts from being hardened to Jesus?
- Worldliness will harden hearts to the holiness of God (v.19).
- Why does a hardened heart spiral downward morally?
- What can we do to keep that from happening?
- All life-transforming truth is found in Jesus (v.20-21).
- What do worldly people need to clearly see?
- How completely does truth reside in the person of Jesus?
- How has learning of Jesus helped your life to be transformed?
- The truth found in Jesus can transform you into His nature (v.22-24).
- What is the role of ‘the spirit of your minds’ in overcoming worldliness?
- What is involved in putting on the new self that is in God’s likeness?
- How diligently are you praying and working to that end?
Call to Action: To allow the life of Jesus to continue your own reformation.