- The angel Gabriel had been sent 530 years earlier to Daniel (Daniel 9:21).
- What is the relationship between prayer and the arrival of angels?
- What factors in this story encourage you to more devoted prayer?
- The angel Gabriel had been sent six months earlier to Zechariah (Luke 1:11-20).
- After over four centuries of silence, what excitement would Gabriel have?
- How can we overcome and remove our doubts when God speaks?
- The angel Gabriel then appeared to a young girl named Mary (Luke 1:26-38).
- How did angels respond to the creation? (Job 38:4-7)
- How do angels respond to the return of an erring brother? (Luke 15:7,10)
- What happened with Mary that differed with previous angelic visits?
- How do you think the faith of Mary affected Gabriel? –How does it affect us?
- Gabriel normally stood before God (Luke 1:19).
- What would it mean to stand in the presence of God? (Isaiah 6:1-9; Heb. 1:14)
- How often are we standing in the presence of God? (Hebrews 4:16)
- The angel who announced Jesus’ birth isn’t named (Luke 2:8-14).
- How did angels complete the task of announcing the birth of Christ?
- How eager and amazed are we in our task of announcing the Christ?
Call to Action: To share God’s message from an amazed heart.