- In times of great anguish we can easily lose our hope (v. 18-20).
- What anguish was robbing Jeremiah of his hope?
- What anguish is robbing us of our hope?
- Remembering the steadfast love of God will help you find hope (v. 21f).
- What will help you to be more firmly convinced of the love of God?
- How would you describe your level of trust in the steadfast love of God?
- We need to know that the love of God never ceases (v. 22).
- Why is it so important that God’s love is ceaseless? (Romans 8:38-39)
- How does your life change when you are convinced of this truth?
- What is helping you to grow in your assurance of this truth?
- We must know that God shows new mercy every day (v. 22-23).
- Why is it important to know that new mercy is available each day?
- Why must husbands, wives, parents and friends show new mercy daily?
- Why do we need to show mercy in the body of Christ every day?
- The Lord himself is the substance of our hope (v. 24).
- What is the substance of our hope?
- How are we personally making God our portion?
Call to Action: To clearly display hope even in times of anguish.