- God’s righteousness is obtained by faith and not by works (Romans 9:30-32a).
- How could a greater understanding of God’s law become a disadvantage?
- Why doesn’t God want us to pursue Him by works?
- The cornerstone was always designed to cause some to stumble (9:32b-33).
- Why would God announce that Jesus would cause many to stumble? (Matt. 7:13-14)
- How does trust in Christ protect us from shame?
- The salvation of our own people should be the desire of our hearts (Romans 10:1).
- How strongly did Paul desire salvation for the Jews (9:1-3)?
- Whose salvation fills the desire of your heart?
- What are you doing because of that great desire?
- Establishing your own righteousness keeps you away from God’s (10:2-3).
- How can our zeal become counter-productive?
- Why are all of our attempts at righteousness fed by works and not by faith?
- How does true submission develop faith?
- Faith in Christ puts an end to the bondage of the law (Romans 10:4).
- How does Christ put an end to the Law?
- How is your trusting submission protecting your heart?
- What will help you to grow in that attitude of submission?
Call to Action: To be so zealous that you completely trust Christ?