- Jesus was fulfilling the prophecy of Zechariah (Matthew 21:1-5).
- How can we learn to trust Jesus enough to do what is uncomfortable? Mark 11:4-6
- How amazing was the scene coming down the side of the Mt. of Olives?
- How does Jesus’ fulfillment of Zechariah 9:9 affect you?
- The people were also looking for the fulfillment of Malachi (Matthew 21:6-9).
- Why were the people waving palm branches? (Leviticus 23:40)
- Why did they set a place at the Passover table for Elijah? (Malachi 4:5-6)
- The religious leaders wanted the praising crowd rebuked (Luke 19:37-40).
- What would motivate the Pharisees to want this praise rebuked?
- How are you affected by genuine praise of Jesus?
- How do our reasons to praise Christ compare with theirs?
- Before Jesus taught the people, He cried for them (Luke 19:41-44).
- Where was the concern of Jesus only five days before His death?
- How is our message affected when we care enough to weep for others?
- Jesus refused the opportunity to avoid the cross (John 12:20-33).
- From Jesus’ response, what was the nature of the request of the Greeks?
- What would it have been like to have witnessed this event?
- How are people still being drawn to the hope of Israel?
Call to Action: To call others as we praise and surrender to the hope of Israel.