I CHRONICLES 29
- David was preparing so that the next generation could build the temple (v.1-5).
- Why would David want to give over $34 B in gold for the temple?
- What are we doing to help the next generation build God’s house?
- David’s devotion motivated others to provide even more for the temple (v.6-9).
- How did David’s 110-ton gift motivate the leaders to give 190 tons of gold?
- How are others to be motivated by our giving of time and of finances?
- David understood the true nature of giving (v.10-17).
- How does genuine praise motivate giving and devotion?
- How does it help to see God as the source of all that we give?
- How can we develop a heart that will rejoice when others give to God?
- David prayed for the next generation to have wholehearted devotion (v.18-19).
- What prayers do we need to be praying for the next generation?
- Why is this prayer so central to the building of God’s house?
- There is a greater temple built by this and following generations (I Peter 2:4-5).
- How do we as living stones need to come near to Jesus?
- What do we need to be doing and praying to help this work for generations?
Call to Action: To give and pray so that generations will build God’s house.