- Broad opposition from multiple sources call for impossible requests (v.1-5).
- Why do our problems tend to come in waves instead of as individual challenges?
- What moves a person of faith to ask God for impossible help in tough times?
- Loyalty and responsibility can call for impossible requests (v.6-8).
- What loyalties led Israel to be responsible for the attacked Gibeonites? (9:15)
- Why should we be willing to ask for the impossible to protect others?
- Total personal commitment must precede impossible requests (v.9-11).
- Without the preceding intense commitment, what would the request have meant?
- What intense commitment should God see in us before we make our impossible requests?
- Extreme opportunity calls for impossible requests (v.12-13a).
- Why would tired, worn-out soldiers ask for more battle time?
- How can we become the tired, worn-out soldiers who ask for more battle time?
- God is always capable of answering impossible requests (v.13b-15).
- How can we know that this amazing miracle really happened?
- What similarly amazing miracles should we be requesting? (John 14:12)
Call to Action: To live for God so completely that we ask the impossible of Him.