- An evil generation asks for a miraculous sign (v.38-39).
- What is so wrong about asking for a miraculous sign?
- What should we be doing instead of asking for a sign?
- Jesus declared that Jonah was in a huge fish for three days (v.39-40).
- Why do people find it so hard to believe the miracles in scripture?
- How does the character of Jesus help convince you of this miracle?
- The people of Nineveh condemn those who reject the message of God (v.41).
- What do we need to learn from the urgency and repentance of the men of Nineveh?
- In what sense do we all reject the word of God?
- What can we do to more urgently and completely follow the word of God?
- The queen of Sheba condemns those who reject the wisdom of God (v.42).
- How did the wisdom and glory of God in Solomon affect the Queen of Sheba?
- How does the wisdom and glory of God in Jesus affect your heart and actions?
- What changes can help us be more strongly affected by the glory of God in Christ?
- Unless evil is replaced with good it will multiply (v.43-45).
- Why is simply getting rid of evil not a complete solution for us?
- What kinds of things do you need to be filling the days of your life with?
Call to Action: Let the message and glory of Christ fill your day with purpose.