- We give thanks for the faith that grows from hope (1:3-5a).
- What is the event that defines hope and produces faith? (Titus 2:13)
- What can we do so that our hope will better produce true faith?
- We give thanks for the love that grows from hope (1:3-5a).
- How can our ‘desired expectation’ lead our hearts to grow in love?
- What aspects of love can only grow from the substance of hope?
- The hope that develops faith and love is being laid up in heaven (1:5a).
- How is the substance of hope being laid up for us in heaven?
- How should our lives change when we understand that hope is being laid up for us?
- The gospel clearly speaks of your hope being laid up in heaven (1:5-6).
- How is the message of the gospel incomplete when we leave out hope?
- How did the message of hope help the gospel to spread to the whole world?
- How is the message of the gospel enriched when we purposely include hope?
- Those who share the gospel are also sharing the message of hope (1:7-8).
- What other actions accompany our sharing of the hope of the gospel?
- Why would sharing the hope of Jesus lead us to share stories of faith and love?
Call to Action: To grow in our faith and love that spring from a solid hope.