I THESSALONIANS 5:12-22
- Appreciation of our elders naturally flows from a thankful heart (v.12-13).
- How can we better show appreciation to our elders this week?
- Why would God want us to give honor to humble servants?
- A thankful heart affects behavior in times of trials and needs (v.14-15).
- How does the behavior of these verses help the elders?
- How would the behavior of these verses differ if they did not come from a thankful heart?
- A thankful heart rejoices, prays and glorifies God (v.16-18).
- How would you describe a person who was constantly rejoicing, praying and thanking others?
- Would others describe you as constantly rejoicing, thanking and praying?
- A thankful heart doesn’t quench the Spirit or scorn prophecy (v.19-20).
- How does quenching the Spirit affect thankfulness and why does a thankful heart not want to quench the Spirit?
- How does a thankful heart respond to prophecies from God?
- A thankful heart is careful to hold to the good and shun evil (v.21-22).
- What good things could you hold to that could help you be more thankful?
- What evil do you need to shun so that you can be more thankful?
Call to Action: To develop a reputation of thankfulness.