- Sometimes, the hard teachings of Jesus thinned the crowd (John 6:66-69).
- What does it say about us when we allow hard sayings to turn us away?
- How can we develop a heart that realizes that He alone has the words of life?
- The required level of commitment thinned the crowd (Mark 10:17-22).
- What should we learn from the fact that Jesus didn’t chase after this man?
- What do we have that we need to be willing to let go?
- Sometimes, God purposely thinned the crowd (Judges 7:1-7).
- What happens when God’s people believe that we have accomplished His will?
- What do you see God accomplishing with a reduced but faithful army?
- We have no reason to fear when the crowd has been thinned (I Samuel 14:6f).
- How can we develop a complete trust in God, even when vastly outnumbered?
- How can we develop relationships that are eager to serve alongside of us?
- With whom are you developing these relationships?
- God accomplishes His will with His thinned crowd (Luke 14:25-27).
- How have we allowed the required commitment of discipleship to push us away?
- How can we develop a devotion that places us squarely in His thinned crowd?
Call to Action: To develop a devotion that continues to serve even in hard times.