- Spending time in God’s word motivated Daniel to pray (v.1-3).
- Why is it so important for us to let God’s word motivate us to pray?
- What are you going to do today and this week to let that happen for you?
- Daniel prayed with praise and confession (v.4-11a).
- Why is it so important for us to fill our prayers with praise?
- How could Daniel include himself in the sins of Israel? (Daniel 6:4-5)
- Why is it important for us to pray similar confessional prayers?
- Daniel admits that the people of God deserve to be punished (v.11b-16).
- Why do we need to admit that we have deserved the punishment we have received?
- Why is this a much better decision than trying to justify ourselves?
- Daniel prays for mercy on Israel for God’s sake (v.17-19).
- What is the main reason that we need for God to show His mercy to us?
- What does our need for forgiveness have to do with the City of God?
- God answered Daniel’s prayer and gave insight he didn’t request (v.20-23).
- What does the immediate nature of God’s answer tell us of His character?
- Why would earnest confession lead to increased spiritual insight?
- Why would God consider one who had confessed such sin to be highly esteemed?
Call to Action: To pray like Daniel prayed so that we can see more clearly.