II KINGS 23:1-25
- When you discover the word of God it needs to tear at your heart (22:8-13).
- Why does a renewal of the covenant need to begin with finding the word of God?
- How are you letting God’s word convict your heart?
- To renew our covenant we must first read God’s word to the people (23:1-3).
- Why is it important for all of God’s people to hear God’s word?
- How strong is our desire to pledge ourselves in a covenant relationship with God?
- How can we make sure that we are each renewing our covenant with God?
- Renewing the covenant requires us to cleanse the temple (23:4-7).
- How drastic was their cleansing of the temple?
- How drastic does our cleansing of the temple need to be?
- What specific cleansing do we need to do?
- Renewing the covenant moves us to purify our land (23:8-20).
- How many people were needed for this cleansing to take place?
- What are we doing to purify our land? (II Chronicles 7:14)
- Renewing the covenant moves us to celebrate God’s feast (23:21-24).
- Why was it so important for them to celebrate the feast of Passover?
- Why is it so important for us to celebrate the feast instituted by Jesus?
Call to Action: To turn to the LORD with all our heart (23:25).