II EPHESIANS (Revelation 2)
- The church in Ephesus was known for their faith and love (Ephesians 1:15-16).
- What can we know about the faith and love in Ephesus (Acts 19:8-10, 18-20)?
- What will help us to have that level of faith and love?
- In II Ephesians they were praised for their faith and diligence (v.1-3).
- What can we know about the One who delivers this message?
- How can we develop and practice this kind of faith and diligence?
- In the next generation, the church had forsaken their first love (v.4).
- Why is this the only complaint Jesus chooses to mention?
- What can we do to rekindle our love for Christ, His church and for others?
- How can our sacrifice help us to grow in love?
- Their responsibility was to remember and to repent (v.5-6).
- What kinds of things do we need to be remembering?
- What actions will help us repent?
- We need to apply their letter to our lives (v.7).
- How does the second letter to the Ephesians apply to a 50-year-old congregation?
- What lessons do I need to take from this passage?
Call to Action: To remember our first love and then strive to get it back.