II KINGS 25:1-7
- Zedekiah had been told how to be saved (Jeremiah 21:8-9, 38:2).
- Why would the king choose rebellion instead of surrender?
- Why do we choose rebellion instead of surrender?
- Zedekiah was afraid of the cost of obeying God (Jeremiah 38:17-20).
- What was the basis of Zedekiah’s fear?
- What is the basis of our fears?
- What will help us to overcome worldly fears?
- His attempts to save himself cost everyone in Jerusalem (II Kings 25:1-4a).
- Who all is affected by Zedekiah’s decision not to submit to God’s will?
- Who all is affected by our decision to not surrender to Christ?
- His attempts to save himself cost him his family (II Kings 25:4b-7).
- How horrible was blinded Zedekiah’s sense of regret?
- What changes do we need to make to remove our regrets?
- When we try to save ourselves, we also pay a high price (Matthew 16:24-25).
- Why is the temptation to try and save ourselves so strong?
- What good reasons do you have to lose your life for Jesus’ sake?
- How are we going to do a better job of losing our lives for Jesus?
Call to Action: To completely surrender our minutes to Jesus each day.