- As prophesied, many Jews chose not to believe in Jesus (v.37-40).
- How does ‘would not believe’ differ from ‘could not believe?’
- What factors would lead to the choice of not believing in Christ?
- The prophets clearly declared a rejected Messiah (v.38; Isaiah 53:1).
- How does the context of Isaiah clearly declare Jesus as the Christ?
- How could a rejected Messiah still change the world?
- The prophets clearly saw a purposely rejected Messiah (v.39-41; Isaiah 6:9-10).
- As soon as Isaiah was called (Isaiah 6:1-8) why would God give this message?
- Why is it important to be aware that we promote a purposely rejected Messiah?
- How does it help to know that Isaiah saw the glory of Jesus?
- Many chose not to act on their belief (John 12:42-43).
- What is wrong with a faith that is not willing to confess?
- What happens to a heart that is unwilling to confess?
- Choosing to believe in Christ leads to God and to His light (John 12:44-46).
- What does choosing to believe in Jesus have to do with believing in God?
- What light comes into your life when you choose to believe in Jesus?
- What is it that strongly motivates your belief in Christ?
Call to Action: To purposely choose to trust Christ with all your life.