- We need to pray for enlightened hearts to know the hope of our calling (v.18).
- What enlightenment will help us better know the hope of our calling?
- Why is it important that our hope is not separated from our calling?
- Our hope is related to the glorious riches of His inheritance (v.18b).
- Why must we see that it speaks of God’s inheritance and not ours?
- How precious are God’s people to Him?
- How is your perspective changed when you see yourself as God’s inheritance?
- Our hope is related to the incomparably great power in Christ (v.19).
- Why would an understanding of God’s great power be needed in Ephesus? (Acts 19)
- Why is an understanding of God’s great power needed in our lives?
- The power within us is the same that raised Jesus from the dead (v.19-20).
- What does the power that raised Jesus have to do with our lives? (Romans 8:11)
- How do these promises affect your hope and your desire? (Philippians 3:10)
- Our hope is also related to the heavenly places where Christ is exalted (v.20-21).
- What does Jesus being in the heavenly realms have to do with us? (Ephesians 2:6)
- How does this amazing glory of Christ affect those who are seated with Him?
Call to Action: To meditate, pray and live so that we can be enlightened to hope.