- When we merely listen to the word, we deceive ourselves (v.22).
- Why is just feeling convicted not enough?
- How are we deceiving ourselves when we don’t put it into practice?
- We need to learn a lesson from our mirrors (v.23-24).
- Why is this one of the all-time great illustrations?
- What is wrong with leaving a mirror without fixing the problem?
- Why is this ‘mirror’ more important?
- Mirrors cry out for action (v.23-24).
- What happens to us when we ‘look intently’ at our problems?
- What should we be doing instead of walking away and forgetting?
- Do the greatest regrets of your life have to do with hearing then not doing?
- We are moved to stoop down and gaze at God’s word (v.25).
- What do men and angels need to carefully examine?
- What does the perfect law teach us about love, forgiveness and purity?
- When we do what we are to do we will be blessed in the doing (v.25).
- What lack of behavior leads to deception or destruction? (Matthew 7:24-27)
- What blessings come to those who persevere in doing God’s will?
Call to Action: To purposely and diligently practice what we see in God’s word.