- This is how Jesus prayed for Himself (v.1-5).
- For what purposes was Jesus praying for Himself?
- For what purposes should we be praying for ourselves?
- This is how Jesus prayed for His disciples (v.6-19).
- Why does Jesus choose to not pray for the world?
- Why pray for protection, unity, joy and sanctification?
- What would change if we prayed these blessings for our brethren?
- This is how Jesus prayed for all of us (v.20-26).
- Why is unity the primary theme of this portion of His prayer?
- What happens when we pray for God’s love to be in our brethren?
- This is how the early disciples prayed (Colossians 1:9-12).
- What does this prayer have in common with Jesus’ prayer in John 17?
- Why should we ask for wisdom, understanding, endurance and patience?
- Loving disciples want to be like their Master, including prayer (Luke 6:40)
- What is involved in praying like Jesus prayed?
- How will our lives be transformed as we pray more like Jesus prayed?
Call to Action: To daily pray more like Jesus prayed.